Instagram, being a widely accessed social platform, has a plethora of features including direct messages (DM). With this feature, you can connect with followers and friends by sending text messages, photos, or videos. But did you know how to react to messages on Instagram?
React is a smart and fun feature to make your messaging experience more exciting. With it at your disposal, you can express your thought and feel about the messages quickly and easily. No more typing out your response. Learn more here on how to react to Instagram DMs.
Table of Contents
How to React with Emojis to Messages on Instagram
Instagram puts accessibility to its priority. Most of its features are easy to use and react is no exception. Without having to spend time to learn how it works, you can understand it in no time. All you need is a simple how-to and you’ll be ready to use it.
There’s only a slight difference between iPhone and Android when it comes to giving reaction to IG messages. To make it clearer, take a closer look at the step-by-step instructions below.
How to React to Messages on Instagram on Android
Before reacting to messages on Instagram, make sure to download the latest version of the app. An obsolete app might not support this feature which makes you end up having trouble when trying it. Once your app is updated, do these steps.
- Launch your Instagram app then go to Direct Messages.
- Get the message. Press and then hold the message for a few seconds.
- You will see a few emojis popping at the top of your message. Choose an emoji and your reaction will be sent.
How to React to Messages on Instagram on iPhone
How to react to messages on Instagram on iPhone doesn’t make a significant difference. It is also quick, easy, and simple so it is impossible to fail. Here is how to get it done.
- Launch your Instagram.
- Navigate to Direct Message on the top right of your screen.
- Scroll down to find the conversation and tap on the thread to open.
- Navigate to the message to react. Swipe left.
- You will see a series of emojis popping up on your screen.
- Select an emoji that represents your feeling and tap on it.
- The reaction is sent right away.
Will your friend get the notification? Yes, people on the other side will be notified once you react to their messages. Besides, the reaction will be pinned under the message and both of you can see it.
How to Multiply Your Reaction on Instagram
One emoji is not enough? Good news, Instagram makes your messaging experience more fun and livelier with multiplied reaction. This feature allows you to multiply the emoji, allowing you to bomb the recipient with fun emojis. This is how to get it done.
- On your Instagram, tap on the message icon on the top right of the screen.
- Find the conversation and tap to open.
- Tap then hold on your message until you see a row of emojis.
- Tap and then hold on an emoji to multiply.
- If you do it correctly you will see the emoji bursts on your screen.
This is how to react to messages on Instagram with multiple emojis. The recipient will find out the emoji bomb when they open the chat.
How to Change Emoji Reactions on Instagram
For whatever reason, you might press the wrong emoji reaction on the messages and you want to change it. Don’t worry about it. Instagram gives you a chance to change your reaction to every message so you have nothing to regret. Here is how to change your reaction on Instagram.
- Launch your Instagram application.
- Open the message in question.
- Tap and hold on the message to show the emojis.
- Tap on the right emotion and the previous choice will be replaced automatically. The emoji icon will change too.
You have limitless chances to change emoji reaction. That said, you don’t want to change it repeatedly as your friend will get notification every time you make changes. There’s a reaction hack you should know. For default heart emoji, simply double tap on the conversation.
How to Add More Emoji on the List
When you tap and hold on the message, a row of emoji pops up. This row, however, only shows 6 emojis and none of them might represent your feeling. How to react to messages on Instagram with different emojis? The following instructions will help you.
- Launch your Instagram and start a chat.
- If you already have a conversation, navigate to your chat.
- Tap and hold on the message until the emojis pop.
- Tap on the plus (+) icon on the rightmost.
- It provides you with more options of emojis with different expressions.
- Tap to select an emoji or hold to multiply it.
Why You Can’t React to Instagram Messages
Now that you know how to react to messages on Instagram, it is time to learn what to do if you can’t respond to messages properly. Especially if you are new to Instagram or you have never tried this feature, knowing the reasons why you can’t react to messages can help you solve the problem.
Outdated version is the major cause of most problems on Instagram. If you can’t respond to messages no matter how hard you try, check if your Instagram version is up to date. Go to the Play Store or App Store to download the latest version of Instagram.
Things to Consider before Reacting Messages on IG
How to react to messages on Instagram is basically simple. But there are several things to consider when you are reacting to DMs on Instagram.
- Despite being quick and easy, emoji reaction is not appropriate for every situation. Instead, you can write your full respond when needed.
- Be careful of your emoji reactions. Some emojis might be perceived as rude or inappropriate. Though you can change it later on, the notification will be sent to the recipient.
- Make sure your application is up to date so it can work properly.
Reaction is a great feature on Instagram DM. With a lot of emojis to choose from, you can always find the best reaction for your thought and feeling. How to react to messages on Instagram is completely easy—simply tap and hold on the message to choose emojis.