Whisper surely offers lots of benefits for those who prefer anonymous private messaging rooms. Today, you can try these best apps like Whisper available on the Play Store for a new experience.
Of course, there are plenty of options when it comes to the best messaging apps for Android. Since only a few of them offer a private chatting room that allows you to be an anonymous user, you may get stuck in some limitations.
This is why you need to read this article thoroughly. Below, you will get a list of the anonymous chat platforms for your Android smartphones. Most of them are free to download and use too.
Table of Contents
What Makes Whisper So Popular
So, why does Whisper get so popular? Of course, being anonymous while talking to strangers in a chat room is the first forte but not the only thing, after all.
Whisper allows its users to share lots of content, such as photos, videos, and messages, without showing their real identity in the first place. Just like any other chatting apps, Whisper comes with funny GIFs and stickers too.
Well, if you are looking for some anonymous apps like Whisper that offer pretty much similar things but with other features, below is the list of the best apps you should be checking out.
Best Apps Like Whisper for Android
So, are there any apps like Whisper? Find out the answer on the list below!
1. Anonymous Chat Rooms
When it comes to the best anonymous chat app that won’t spill your personal identity to the public, Anonymous Chat Rooms is what you are looking for. This app is quite popular on the Play Store and has been downloaded by many Android users.
As its name suggests, you can send texts to other users anonymously. Not only does this app allow you to send texts, but you can also send pictures, videos, stickers, and many more files.
People love to use anonymous chat apps because they don’t need to reveal their identity in the first place. Other things you would love from this anonymous app are such as:
- Meet new friends from around the world without showing your identity at all.
- It comes with tons of stickers, emojis, and other interesting visual features you can exchange with your friends on the chat room.
- The app has several games which you can play on your own or with other users.
- Do you find it hard to interact with other people? Afraid not this app helps you with several hints to start communicating with other users, whether it is flirting or other interactions.
Whether you are looking for friends or true love, Anonymous Chat Rooms is a great place to start with. All you need to do is to download the app and enjoy the features.
2. Stranger Chat
Is Whisper anonymous? Yes, it is, and you don’t need to worry that your data will be shared with any third-party out there.
However, Whisper is not the only app that helps you get in touch with other people around the world while staying anonymous. Stranger Chat offers similar features from Whisper.
The system will generate and suggest random users you can chat with. After that, you can talk and get to know each other – without revealing your identity at all. Stranger Chat offers include:
- There is no need to sign up or log in to use the app. All you need to do is to download and use the chat room – as simple as that.
- The app allows you to stay completely anonymous. But of course, you can reveal your identity if you want to.
- There is no chat history and the system will clear all the chats after a specific time frame.
- Stranger chat is free to download and use without annoying ads.
More than anything, if all you need is a friend who listens to your story without being judgmental in the first place, using an anonymous chat app is highly recommended. Stranger Chat is one of the best ones on the Play Store, after all.
3. Friend Shoulder
As its name suggests, this app allows you to find friends who listen to your story – like a shoulder to lean on. Friend Shoulder is one of the most decent apps like Whisper you can give a try.
Some worth-mentioning features from this app include:
- You can let out all things that bother you.
- The app comes with several categories depending on the emotion you want to vent.
- Just like any other chat apps, you can make friends around the world through its online chat rooms.
- Sharing secrets is also possible and you stay anonymous.
Friend Shoulder is an app that lets you have a shoulder to lean on. Also, you can vent anything that bothers your mind without the fear of being judged. Need a place to come out? Well, Friend Shoulder is the right place you must try.
Are you looking for secret sharing apps that work pretty much like Whisper the app? Well, Connected2.me is definitely it then.
You can chat and talk to other people through this app and your identity doesn’t need to be revealed. However, the app may ask you to fill in a few details for your profile only.
Other than posting a fake photo for your profile picture, you can turn on its blur mode. Once you let other users get to know you a little bit more, you can turn off the blur effect and many more. Some worth-mentioning features include:
- You can connect with other users regardless of their locations.
- There is a shuffle button to find users that are currently online and ready for a chat.
- It is easy to share secrets, gossip, confessions, and many more, without revealing your identity in the first place.
- Want to meet foreigners? Connected2.me is the perfect app you should give a try.
Since this app is free and offers a light-speed process, you won’t be disappointed while enjoying all features offered. As one of the best apps just like Whisper, it has a huge community so that you will always find new friends to talk to.
What do you think if you can find apps like Whisper for adults but better? Well, Chatous offers something great you have to try.
You can talk to lots of users without revealing any personal information in the first place. Other than that, you can find a chat room through your favorite hashtag – of course, you can create a chat room too.
But is it secure and anonymous? Yes, Chatous is free, secure, and anonymous. Your chat and history will be automatically cleared by the system after a few days. Some features you can enjoy include:
- Using hashtags to find a chat room that suits your fancy.
- Completely anonymous and changeable username, depending on your needs.
- You can use the app both on Android phones and computers.
- Want to go public? You can share video and audio content to your friends.
Chatous is an effortless app to use. You can talk, chat, vent, and do whatever you like without showing your true identity in the first place. Is there any better thing than talking to people while staying anonymous? You definitely should give Chatous a try.
6. Psst Anonymous
Psst Anonymous is also part of the best Whisper alternatives you can find on the Play Store. This app will connect you with other like-minded users in this universe.
Other than connecting and talking with other users, Psst Anonymous allows you to share secrets, gossip, news, and many more. And of course, anything is completely anonymous.
This app carries several features all its users can enjoy, such as:
- You can post content and comment or vote to others’ too. Besides, just like any other chatting app, you can send private messages to other users too.
- It works like social media in general – adding friends and connecting with them are effortless.
- Only those who you add as friends can send you visual content, such as pictures, videos, and many more.
- Following any post will keep you posted when the owner uploads another content later.
- Even though you have followed other users, everyone – including you – will stay anonymous.
- There is chat history because anything will be deleted after a few days.
Psst Anonymous requires its users to sign up. They can use Twitter or Facebook accounts but everything remains anonymous. So, what are you waiting for? This app is an excellent alternative to Whisper on many levels.
Camsurf, on the other hand, is part of the best apps like Whisper for android that are specifically designed for chatting and flirting. The app provides a place for sharing chats and making video calls to many users.
Also, the users of Camsurf come from all over the world. This app is a perfect choice if you are down for meeting strangers and starting new connections.
Camsurf might not be a platform to talk and stay anonymous. But if you are a person who loves to see people and find new friends, this app will not let you down. So, what can you do with Camsurf?
- Find new friends from around the world and chat with them both through text and video – depending on your preference.
- This app is mobile friendly.
- A feature for random video chats.
- Straightforward interface with a bunch of interesting features.
This app was initially launched in 2010 and can be touted as the pioneer of the free apps like Whisper. However, the concept of this app is posting a question and leaving comments as anonymous users.
Unfortunately, there was a series of teen suicide cases in both the U.S. and the U.K. which caused a ban and concerns about how the app provided protections against harassment.
Today, a similar app has launched and gets its rebranding in 2016. At least 150 million users have downloaded ASKfm and enjoy similar features to its initial function – but now with better performance, security, and protections.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for some other apps like Whisper specifically designed for students, Jodel should be on your list too. All students around the world can connect to one another through this app while staying anonymously.
Users can find up-to-date news, stories, events, and various things from nearby communities. While some other apps allow other users to flirt with each other and sometimes find a place for menage-o-troi, Jodel is a perfect one for students.
Have you heard about Sayat before? This app is part of the best similar apps like Whisper available on the Play Store today.
Sayat works like a social media platform where you can get feedback as honestly as possible. On the other hand, other users will remain anonymous in the first place.
Sayat allows you to write about everything and share any information on this platform. Also, this is an excellent place to check the waves about your work and stuff. The best part is that Sayat is free.
Now you all know that there are tons of options on the Play Store when it comes to the best apps similar to Whisper. As explained earlier, it is easier to talk to strangers, especially if you have something to vent about.
The best part is that no one needs to know who you are in the first place. By using the best apps like Whisper on the list above, you still have someone to talk to without judging you in the first place.